Asset Analysis Focus
Since 1975 Asset Analysis Focus (AAF) has provided subscribers with in-depth research reports on publicly traded businesses that are selling at significant discounts to our estimate of intrinsic value. We analyze these businesses utilizing a private equity approach. In the vast majority of instances, each company profiled has an identifiable catalyst for value realization. AAF is agnostic in terms of both industry or market capitalization.
Asset Analysis Focus: Quick Facts
- Asset Analysis Focus has been publishing independent research since 1975
- A significant percentage of the companies profiled in Asset Analysis Focus have ultimately been acquired
- While ideas profiled in Asset Analysis Focus outperformed the benchmark over a 1,3,5, and 7-year period, the annualized outperformance was greatest over the 5 and 7-year time horizons, demonstrating our commitment to finding long-term value.
- 56% of ideas outperformed the index over a 3-year period. Those ideas generated an average annualized outperformance of 21% versus the benchmark.
- 50% of ideas outperformed the index over a 5-year period. Those ideas generated an average annualized outperformance of 24% versus the benchmark.
- Over a 7-year period, the average annualized gain on ideas that generated positive returns was 26%, while the average annualized loss on ideas that generated negative returns was just 8%.
A Subscription to Asset Analysis Focus includes:
7 issues per year:
Each issue features in-depth reports on three companies we believe to be undervalued. Most issues contain a profile of a large, medium, and small capitalization stock. Featured stocks come from a wide variety of industries.
The Annual Thematic Edition:
The annual thematic edition profiles an industry, compelling investment theme or area of the economy that is out of favor on Wall Street. The topics we have featured in past issues are often highly controversial, but in most instances, over the long-term, have proven to be prophetic.
The Forgotten Forty:
Every December we publish the Forgotten Forty, which provides our clients with our updated investment thesis on 40 companies that have been extensively researched in previous issues of AAF. The companies contained in this publication are the businesses within our universe that we believe are most likely to outperform the leading indices in the year ahead due to a catalyst we see on the horizon.